This year, Green Mountain Adaptive Sports is looking at adding something new to the existing Giving Tuesday campaign which will be on Tuesday, November 29th, 2022.
As always, we will host our annual get together party at Sushi Yoshi, and sell raffle tickets to win prizes donated by local and area businesses. Sushi Yoshi generously donates 25% of their sales from the entire day, which is typically around $2,500. The sale of SKIDA hats, and the raffle generates another $1,000 or so. Last year, we raised $3,500.
Our goal is to raise $10,000 through our 2022 Giving Tuesday Campaign
We would like to partner up with local businesses by asking them to donate a fixed amount, or a percentage of their sales on the day, the weekend, or any combination that makes sense for the given business.
It is up to merchant to decide what combination would work and what format it may take, but we will ask for an agreed upon minimum for anyone interested in participating. The donation will be tax-deductible. If the business also wants to donate a gift for the raffle that would be greatly appreciated and increase visibility.
In return for the donation, GMAS would offer the following to the business:
- Mention of business’s participation in the Giving Tuesday fundraising effort a week or two prior to the event on Facebook and Instagram.
- Mention of this campaign in the GMAS monthly newsletter, and one or two targeted emails including encouraging people to visit the participating establishments.
- The business should also consider mentioning their participation on its own social media platform.
- GMAS will write a blog post, and send to the Stowe Reporter the week prior to the fundraiser.
- Live mention of the partnerships at the party at Sushi Yoshi.
- Add business name to the GMAS donor page.
- After the event, GMAS will write a post-event post to be shared on social media and the GMAS webpage and thank all businesses.
We are always open to ideas that may complement your present marketing campaigns and are very excited to get this campaign going. As far as we know, no other Stowe non-profit organization is using this format for Giving Tuesday. We think that this campaign will increase visibility for the business, and for GMAS, and hope it will encourage more businesses, and individuals, to get involved with GMAS as donors, volunteers, board members, or other.