Sunday, January 9, 2022, 8-4 pm
We are back in person this year AND super stoked to see everyone at one of our favorite events, the 10th Annual Monoski Day at Stowe Mountain Resort. The event is always a blast, thanks to the collaboration of our friends from Vail, the Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers, Eastern Adaptive Sports, Adaptive Sports Partners of the North Country, and the Kelly Brush Foundation.
Annually, GMAS welcomes twenty monoskiers of all ages and abilities from near and far eager to ski at Stowe Mountain Resort, to share knowledge with each other, to receive top-notch ski instruction from our experts, AND to rip down the mountain. This event puts a spotlight on adaptive skiing, gives the athletes a chance to trade stories, learn from each other, and hopefully introduce some members of the general public to monoskiing. Plus, skiing at Stowe is pretty sweet!
This year, expert and intermediate monoskiers will be led in clinics by:
- Chris Young, US Coast Guard (Ret.), World Cup and Paralympic Champion, X Games Champion, and volunteer at the Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers.
- MiKayla Briere, Alpine Coordinator at Adaptive Sports Partners of the North Country at Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire. MiKayla has been monoskiing for 14 years, and has been an adaptive instructor since 2007, first joining ASPNC as a volunteer in 2015 and transitioning to the Alpine Program Manager in the Fall of 2019.
As usual, we expect to sell out in 2022. Four beginner athletes will receive one-on-one lessons with adaptive ski instructors from the Stowe Mountain Resort Ski and Snowboard ski school and the Spaulding Adaptive Sports Centers. Space is limited, register early to secure your spot at this event!
- The cost to participate as a monoskier is $50 USD.
- Pre-registration is necessary, and non-refundable. No day-of registration accepted.
- Fee includes either 1) an Expert and Intermediate group clinic (all-day), or 2) a two-hour morning one-on-one ski lesson for four beginners. THE LESSONS ARE SOLD OUT. Contact Pascale to get on the waiting list.
- Registration also includes a lift ticket for the day, a generous breakfast at the mountain, coaching from our expert clinicians, and a whole lot of skiing.
- Also included in the registration is ONE adult companion skier per monoskier. This person is expected to ski in the clinics all day and be available to help throughout the day. Make sure your companion also fills out the registration form. If you plan to bring more than one companion skier, contact us to discuss options for lift tickets.
Thanks to our valued sponsors
More than ever, and with limited parking at Spruce Peak, we need A LOT of volunteers to pull this off!
- Volunteers wishing to help on snow need to be intermediate to advanced skiers and be willing to help carry gear and help with various tasks throughout the day. This is super fun, please join us!
- A few spots for volunteers to help at registration are still available.
- We need a lot of volunteers to welcome athletes in the parking lot and help move gear to and/or from the hill at the end of the day. These positions do not require you to stay all day and do not include a lift ticket. Reach out to discuss your availability.
- On-snow volunteers who have an Epic pass will be selected first, and non-pass holders will be provided with a lift ticket free of charge.
Thank you so much for helping us out. This is an experience that may become one of your favorite days of the winter. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity. High School students are welcome, community service hours will be awarded. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.
This year, ALL participants (including volunteers) are required to be vaccinated and show proof of their vaccination at registration.
Sincere thanks to our sponsors High Fives Foundation, Inntopia, DynAccess, and Tessier, and to the Green Mountain Inn for housing our coaches. Many more thanks to our valued partners for contributing time, talent, expertise, adaptive equipment, and volunteers to make this event a perennial favorite. Watch the event on Facebook for more details (soon).
Contact Pascale Savard.
ALL participants (including volunteers) need to complete the registration form below, including paying the $50 fee for monoskiers.