We are game changers
Green Mountain Adaptive Sports is a Vermont-based non-profit founded in 2010 on the belief that access to sports and recreational programs are a powerful means for people with disabilities to develop independence as well as physical and mental well-being. We focus on getting people out and having fun. We value the effect our programs have on entire families.
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life for Vermont residents living with a disability through access to inclusive sports and recreational activities. We work collaboratively with partners across Vermont to enhance and deliver a quality experience to this community. As an Inclusion Champion, Green Mountain Adaptive Sports (GMAS) is committed to help build a world where nobody gets left on the sidelines.
We further our mission through these services and activities:
- Provide financial assistance for Vermont residents living with permanent disabilities to facilitate access to sports and recreation.
- Host and collaborate on special events that bring adaptive athletes together with coaches, families, and friends.
- Provide grants to support advanced training to coaches working in adaptive programs.
- Provide specialized adaptive equipment.
- Provide grants to support advanced training to adaptive athletes participating in competitive sports programs.
Board of Directors
Mary Anne Lewis
North Pomfret, VT
Barbara Gail Warden