Making Dreams Come True
Our Mission is to improve the quality of life for people living with a disability residing in Vermont through access to sports and recreational activities. We work cooperatively with many partners across Vermont to enhance their ability to deliver a quality experience to persons with disabilities.
We further our mission through these services and activities:
- Provide financial assistance for Vermont residents living with permanent disabilities to facilitate access to sports and recreation.
- Host and collaborate on special events that bring adaptive athletes together with coaches, families, and friends.
- Provide grants to support advanced training to coaches working in adaptive programs.
- Provide specialized adaptive equipment.
- Provide grants to support advanced training to adaptive athletes participating in competitive sports programs.
Green Mountain Adaptive Sports partners with Stowe Mountain Resort’s Ski & Snowboard School to provide skiing and riding experiences in a world-class resort setting, Northeast Disabled Athletic Association for adaptive kayaking, Craftsbury Outdoor Center for adaptive nordic skiing, MetroRock in Essex Junction for Indoor Rock Climbing, Umiak for Paddle Boarding, and The Swimming Hole to provide swim lessons. We are dedicated to working hand in hand with our partners to develop and provide top notch programs for our participants.
Participation in sports and recreational programs offers individuals with disabilities the opportunity to develop independence, confidence, and fitness, all of which contribute to both physical and psychological wellbeing. Green Mountain Adaptive Sports awards scholarships for persons with disabilities who are Vermont residents to allow them to participate in programs they may not otherwise have access to.
Green Mountain Adaptive Sports contributes up to $250 to the purchase of specialized sports equipment to support local and area adaptive programs, and our scholarship recipients’ individual needs.
Green Mountain Adaptive Sports funds grants for specialized training, and provides expert field training for adaptive coaches and volunteers.